Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2004/03/30 23:55:15 UTC

Replacing JISP with JCS for Cocoon 2,1,4?

Antonio suggested:

> Fortunately, there is an Apache project, JCS, that deal with cache system and
> there are advanced works on the usage of it in the current CVS. The idea is to
> replace Jisp with JCS as the default cache system:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108013122630890&w=2
>
> For more info about JCS:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/
>
> AFAIK, there is 1 site already using JCS in Cocoon with '000 of request in a
> day. They report it is better than JISP. You can go to the list and ask how to
> replace jisp with JCS.

Can anyone offer detailed explanation of how I might be able to go about
doing this....replacing JISP with JCS in Cocoon 2.1.4?

Many thanks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: Replacing JISP with JCS for Cocoon 2,1,4?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

> Unico:
>

>>It's in the scratchpad block. There is a JCS store implementation and an
>>  EHCache one. If you build with the scratchpad block included some
>>commented-out example configurations will be in cocoon.xconf. All you need to
>>do is uncomment them.
>

> Wonderful!  This will definitely help me out.
>
> One final question.....do I need the latest scratchpad block from CVS, or is
> there one in the 2.1.4 distribution that is useable?

Latest from CVS.

Geoff

Re: Replacing JISP with JCS for Cocoon 2,1,4?

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
Unico:

> It's in the scratchpad block. There is a JCS store implementation and an
>   EHCache one. If you build with the scratchpad block included some
> commented-out example configurations will be in cocoon.xconf. All you need to
> do is uncomment them.

Wonderful!  This will definitely help me out.

One final question.....do I need the latest scratchpad block from CVS, or is
there one in the 2.1.4 distribution that is useable?

Many thanks for your help!

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Sorry my earlier mail seems not to have come through.

Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote on 31-3-2004 16:29:
> Bertrand refers to:
>

>>See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108014525719056&w=2
>>
>>Unico also said recently that he's had good results with ehcache, but I
>>don't have the message reference handy.
>

> Anyone written the interface classes (Store) for JCS that might be willing to
> share them?

It's in the scratchpad block. There is a JCS store implementation and an
  EHCache one. If you build with the scratchpad block included some
commented-out example configurations will be in cocoon.xconf. All you
need to do is uncomment them.

Hope that helps,
Unico

Re: Replacing JISP with JCS for Cocoon 2,1,4?

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
Bertrand refers to:

> See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108014525719056&w=2
>
> Unico also said recently that he's had good results with ehcache, but I
> don't have the message reference handy.

Anyone written the interface classes (Store) for JCS that might be willing to
share them?

Thx!

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le 30 mars 04, à 23:55, Andrzej Jan Taramina a écrit :
> ...Can anyone offer detailed explanation of how I might be able to go
> about
> doing this....replacing JISP with JCS in Cocoon 2.1.4?...

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108014525719056&w=2

Unico also said recently that he's had good results with ehcache, but I
don't have the message reference handy.

-Bertrand