Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bobby Warner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 23:36:22 UTC

Header for Generated Code

Is there a way to easily add comments (like the apache license header (
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html for example) at the top of all
wsdl2java generated classes?  I could write a script to do this, but it
would be better if there was a way to do this as part of the Maven plugin.
I looked through the documentation and didn't see anything specifically for
this, so I thought I would ask the question here.  If it's not possible, no
worries as I'll just write a script, but please let me know.

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>generate-sources</id>
            <configuration>
              <sourceRoot>${basedir}/target/generated</sourceRoot>
              <wsdlOptions>
                <wsdlOption>
                  <wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/resources/service.wsdl</wsdl>
                  <extraargs>
                    <extraarg>-p</extraarg>
                    <extraarg>org.company.product</extraarg>
                    <extraarg>-wsdlLocation</extraarg>
                    <extraarg>service.wsdl</extraarg>
                  </extraargs>
                </wsdlOption>
              </wsdlOptions>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Regards,
Bobby

Re: Header for Generated Code

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu July 9 2009 2:10:12 am jim ma wrote:
> There is no options for maven plugin to do this .  But you can modify the
> velocity template to add some comments . Please look at the template files
> under this directory :
> org/apache/cxf/tools/wsdlto/frontend/jaxws/template

That won't apply to the JAXb generated things.   I'm not sure there IS a
solution for that.   Maybe an XJC plugin might be able to do it.   Not really
sure.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp