Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Joseph <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/29 16:04:47 UTC

when taking backups using snapshot if the sstable gets compacted will nodetool snapshot hung ??

Hai we are taking backups using nodetool snapshots but i occasionally see
that my script pauses  while taking a snapshot of a CF, is this because
when it is taking snapshot does the sstables got compacted to a different
one  so it couldn't find that particular sstable on which it is taking
snapshot so it pauses at that particular CF ??

Thanks
James.