Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mike Perham <mp...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/08/22 17:50:28 UTC

build problem

OpenJPA fails to build when the JAVA_HOME is set to Java 5 but Java 1.4 is
first in the path.  This is because Maven 2 uses JAVA_HOME inside "mvn" but
just executes "java" by default when forking the unit tests.  The fix is
relatively simple - override the surefire JVM setting:

<build>
  <pluginManagement>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <configuration>
      <jvm>${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java</jvm>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </pluginManagement>
</build>

I believe this will be fixed in the next surefire release.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-127

mike
(Maven PMC member and hopeful OpenJPA user)

RE: build problem

Posted by Mike Perham <mp...@us.ibm.com>.

Patrick, yes, they are a way to compartmentalize variance between different
build environments.  You guys are already using them in your top-level POM
which is why I thought it would be relatively familiar.  Here's a decent
start although it does not seem to cover profile activation based on OS.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

mike

RE: build problem

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.