Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brandon Ehle <az...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/10 16:05:47 UTC

Message to someone about svnadmin create from IRC

Somebody on IRC was having the same problem as me, where svnadmin create
would fail with a function not implemented Berkeley DB error while
trying to create a repositories' environment.

I fixed the problem for myself by recompiling db4 from scratch (no
special configure options required).  I'm still not sure why this made
any difference.

All you need to do to fix this is unpack the db4 distribution into a
folder under the subversion directory that you compile from with the
directory name db and reconfigure subversion and compile.

After it's done, just make sure that you see svnamdin linking against
this new db4.

[root@azverkan dist]# ldd `which svnadmin`
        libsvn_repos-1.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
(0x40017000)
        libsvn_fs-1.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsvn_fs-1.so.0 (0x40027000)
        libsvn_delta-1.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsvn_delta-1.so.0
(0x40043000)
-->   libdb-4.0.so => /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib/libdb-4.0.so
(0x4004b000)  <--
        libsvn_subr-1.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0 (0x400cf000)
[snip]