Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org> on 2000/03/02 06:55:26 UTC

JServ, Jakarta, and friends & O'Reilly conference

Hi. I'm one of the program chairs for the O'Reilly open source
conference in July. Is there any developer interest in presenting an
overview of the Jakarta and JServ projects (or interesting technical
details) in separate 90 minute sessions? This time could be divided as
you see fit.

There's also an opportunity to teach a JServ tutorial, which would be
longer (3 hours, compensated).

It would be a Good Thing if you could give some indication of interest
by the end of this week. Thanks.
--
Chuck
Chuck Murcko

Re: JServ, Jakarta, and friends & O'Reilly conference

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
Assaf Arkin wrote:

> If you have a slot, I can give a twenty minute background on the J2EE
> side of Jakarta, specifically JDBC connection pooling, security and LDAP
> authentication, and deployment descriptors.

Huh?  Did I miss something?  What connection pooling, security and LDAP
authentication?  These are not present in Jakarta (unless I am smoking
something which is entirely possible :) ).

Kevin

> Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >
> > Hi. I'm one of the program chairs for the O'Reilly open source
> > conference in July. Is there any developer interest in presenting an
> > overview of the Jakarta and JServ projects (or interesting technical
> > details) in separate 90 minute sessions? This time could be divided as
> > you see fit.
> >
> > There's also an opportunity to teach a JServ tutorial, which would be
> > longer (3 hours, compensated).
> >
> > It would be a Good Thing if you could give some indication of interest
> > by the end of this week. Thanks.
> > --
> > Chuck
> > Chuck Murcko
> > Here: chuck.murcko@trintech.com
> > There: chuck@topsail.org
<snip>
--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: JServ, Jakarta, and friends & O'Reilly conference

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
If you have a slot, I can give a twenty minute background on the J2EE
side of Jakarta, specifically JDBC connection pooling, security and LDAP
authentication, and deployment descriptors.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org