Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mark Swanson <ma...@ScheduleWorld.com> on 2003/12/05 06:10:34 UTC

pop3 fast, but sometimes slow

Hello,
I've been noticing over the past few days that pop3 requests sometimes happen
really fast, and sometimes timeout. I'm always testing James over a local
network. Searching the archives doesn't show anything and I'm wondering if
perhaps I should upgrade from 2.1.3 to the 2.2 branch?
(The client I always use is kmail/kde3.1)

Thanks.

--
Schedule your world with ScheduleWorld.com
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/

Re: pop3 fast, but sometimes slow

Posted by "Brian C. Dilley" <br...@briandilley.com>.
	Try evolution, it's a great (free like beer) client.

Posted by Mark Swanson <ma...@ScheduleWorld.com>.
On December 5, 2003 5:12 am, Ray Tran wrote:
> I use kmail/kde3.1 at home, and I have noticed exactly the same variable

Good to know that someone else is seeing the problem. I couldn't imagine
giving up kmail! :-) So, I suppose the next step is a quick 'kill -3' on
James the next time it's blocked to see if James is stuck somewhere
suspicious. I'll post if I notice anything.

Cheers.

Posted by Ray Tran <ra...@westhawk.co.uk>.

--
Ray Tran