Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2018/10/05 13:49:34 UTC

Cleanup JIRA releases

Hello All,

I would like to make a small call to action. The release versions in JIRA
is woefully unmaintained. There are many, MANY versions which are still
marked unreleased.

I would like to ask component maintainers to please take a moment and run
through their releases and mark them as released.

It's really simple:
- login to JIRA
- go to Aries project
- on the left nav click [Releases]
- in the search box left of [QUICK FILTERS] type the first few letters of
your component
- click on [Unreleased] quick filter
- mark released versions as released

One significant side effect of this is that the board reporting tool does
not reflect our activities accurately. I personally believe Aries is way
more active than the report indicates, but we all need to do our part to
help Christian with his report. Plus it's just good project management.

Sincerely,
 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: Cleanup JIRA releases

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Fully agree.

If anyone needs more jira permissions to work on this please let me know.

Christian

Am Fr., 5. Okt. 2018 um 15:49 Uhr schrieb Raymond Auge <
raymond.auge@liferay.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to make a small call to action. The release versions in JIRA
> is woefully unmaintained. There are many, MANY versions which are still
> marked unreleased.
>
> I would like to ask component maintainers to please take a moment and run
> through their releases and mark them as released.
>
> It's really simple:
> - login to JIRA
> - go to Aries project
> - on the left nav click [Releases]
> - in the search box left of [QUICK FILTERS] type the first few letters of
> your component
> - click on [Unreleased] quick filter
> - mark released versions as released
>
> One significant side effect of this is that the board reporting tool does
> not reflect our activities accurately. I personally believe Aries is way
> more active than the report indicates, but we all need to do our part to
> help Christian with his report. Plus it's just good project management.
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> *Raymond Augé* <http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile>
>  (@rotty3000)
> Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* <http://www.liferay.com>
>  (@Liferay)
> Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance <http://osgi.org>
> (@OSGiAlliance)

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: Cleanup JIRA releases

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ray,

fully agree, I did a quick cleanup on blueprint last week, but we should
cleanup all components.

I will take a look later today.

Regards
JB