Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Lars Beuth <La...@gmx.net> on 2004/05/04 16:39:38 UTC

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when trying to delete a collection

Hello,

> But you certainly have something different in your database / with your
> environment, because clean deployment worked ok for me. If you want you
> can (re)send me your java code and I can try running this too.

I use the following method to delete a collection from Xindice:

private boolean executeDropCollection(URI destination) throws Exception
{
	Collection collection = null;
	boolean success = false;
	try
	{
		Class c = Class.forName(dbDriver);
		Database database = (Database)c.newInstance();
		DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);

		// Destination is: "xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/mdbm"
		collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection(getDestinationPath(destination)
);
		// the collection path is:
                // "xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/"
		org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.CollectionManager service =
(org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.CollectionManager)collection.getService("CollectionManager",
"1.0");
		// the collection name is: "mdbm"
		service.dropCollection(getDestinationName(destination) );
		success = true;
	}
	catch (Exception exception) {printException(exception, ERRORFILE); }
	finally {if (collection != null) collection.close(); }
	return success;
}

I am using JDK 1.4.2 and Tomcat 5.0.19 on Windows98.

Thanks in advance,

     Lars

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL