Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by N D <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 08:21:16 UTC

CVS SVN build script migration.

I am modifying my build script that is based on CVS, to the newly created
SVN
CVS has a option -A when you run the cvs update command, -A means reset any
sticky tags.
Is there any equivalent option for svn update command?
Niranjan Deshpande

"Shut yourself from the world and create the reality you want"

Re: CVS SVN build script migration.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 04:21, N D <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am modifying my build script that is based on CVS, to the newly created
> SVN
> CVS has a option -A when you run the cvs update command, -A means reset any
> sticky tags.
> Is there any equivalent option for svn update command?

Subversion has no concept of "sticky tags".

There's a section of the manual just for people coming from CVS.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.forcvs.html

Re: CVS SVN build script migration.

Posted by N D <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. One more thing that is making me feel
lost is: When I use the svn copy command, to make a tag using the working
copy directory as the source, i get  this error:

svn: relocation error: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
apr_temp_dir_get

I have no idea what this is. I have had read in a Oreliiy book that there
are some svn routines, but i have not digged yet.

Can any one help?

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.