Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Helmuth Adolph <hi...@prodelphi.de> on 2022/07/01 10:54:29 UTC

OpenOffice destroys Word documents

Hello,

I opened a formerly created writer document which contains pictures in
jpg-format. After changing some text, I stored the file. When opening
the document again, I found all pictures were smaller than before: the
size changed from half page size to stamp size.

This happens when I use the Word 97 format, not when odt- format is used.

Kind regards

--
Helmuth Joachim Hinrich Adolph

  e-mail :hinrich@prodelphi.de
  web    :http://www.prodelphi.de

Re: OpenOffice destroys Word documents

Posted by Amin Jack Pędziwiater <aj...@gmail.com>.
Standard Standard format reformation.doc

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hello Helmuth,

Hmm, well hard to say then. Lets stay vigilant if it pops up again. But
I am greatfull you invested the time and tried. Thanks for the effort!

For now I will try to keep this on mind. I follow the user list, but do
not read all mails. Maybe an eye catcher would be nice to get my or
other dev subscribed attention. Starting the subject with "[bug]" maybe
an Idea.

All the best

Peter

Posted by Amin Jack Pędziwiater <aj...@gmail.com>.
Inches in MS Word are not same Writes SI Meter

Posted by Helmuth Adolph <hi...@prodelphi.de>.
Hello Peter,

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Helmuth,