Posted to user@spark.apache.org by satishl <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/07 06:34:29 UTC

reading snappy eventlog files from hdfs using spark

Hi, I am planning to process spark app eventlogs with another spark app.
These event logs are saved with snappy compression (extension: .snappy).
When i read the file in a new spark app - i get a snappy library not found
error. I am confused as to how can spark write eventlog in snappy format
without an error, but reading fails with the above error.

Any help in unblocking myself to read snappy eventlog files from hdfs using
spark?

Re: reading snappy eventlog files from hdfs using spark

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
How do you read them?