Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Monteiro <un...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 19:39:21 UTC

Tour de Flex Mobile

Hi,

It would be nice to organise and separate what components are for desktop
and what are for Mobile.

Carlos Monteiro

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 21, 2014 10:13 AM, "quick6black" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> would it make sense to make an Android one with the new skins and publish
> that in the play store? I have a fork of that project that I made some
> changes too. I could update and publish in the play store

Big +1.  It would be great to have this app on the play store.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <un...@gmail.com>.
Done.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34650
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34651
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34652

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <cm...@wavesolutions.pt>.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Alex!

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Ok, done.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <cm...@wavesolutions.pt>.
Hi,

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 28, 2014 2:17 AM, "Carlos Monteiro" <un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great work :)
> I've done some testing and detected some bugs so far:
>
> *ButtonBarView.mxml*
> Bug: Select a Button then Unselect it
> Fix: validate buttonbar.selectedIndex before get
> buttonbar.selectedItem.label
> label.text = buttonbar.selectedIndex > -1 ? buttonbar.selectedItem.label +
> " Pressed." : "No Button Pressed";
>
> *ButtonBarSkin*
> If you add more than 3 buttons the button separator will be thicker only
> between the middle buttons.
>
> *ButtonSkin*
> Try two buttons side to side one with width=45 and another width=450.
>
> The Button skin does not resizes correctly.
> On buttonUp the border on the right side is bigger.
> On button down the border is bigger top, down, left and right.
>
> best regards,
> Carlos Monteiro

Thanks for testing,  Carlos!

Would you be kind enough to add JIRA tickets for these issues,  please?

Thanks,
Om

> On 17 November 2014 at 19:38, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Om,
> >
> > I created another pull request, this fixes a few bugs and an issue with
the
> > lateral menu sliding out. I also added in a drag to close and a new view
> > for
> > some more native air features. I would like to create a better landing
> > page,
> > any ideas?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> > --
Nabble.com.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <un...@gmail.com>.
Great work :)

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aaron!

I have merged the pull request.  Please continue to work on it.  We can
ship it when we are all happy with it.

I can make the release on Google Play as well. I am fine either way.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Wow!  This version looks so much more better. Thanks for all the effort you
have put in!  I love the Apache Flex logo as the app icon.  Looks perfect.

Only one more nitpik: it would be nice to have the ButtonBar, Callout,
Checkbox, DateSpinner, HSlider, RadioButton, SpinnerList, TextInput and
ToggleSwitch vertically middle aligned.

Also, I would like to add a few modifications to the List/Layout selection
logic.  Can you please share your fork so I can add that?   The best option
would be to send a pull request to the flex-examples github repo.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the suggestions, I should have some time to make some revisions
this week. I will look at some of the mapping API's. I use the ESRI one a
lot, but will look at some of the other ones.

Aaron

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> see attached, I uploaded a rough copy. I added in all the skins, redid the
> slide out menu. Added the ability to drag the menu out from the left. I
> still need to fix the layout views, add in a splash screen, and a new icon
> to pop out the menu. Also a suggestions on a desktop icon would be
> appreciated. Once complete I can submit the source code as a JIRA ticket
> and
> also update my github page.
>
> TourDeFlexMobile.apk
> <
> http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n41738/TourDeFlexMobile.apk

(cc-ing George Yabra who donated this project.  George, I am not sure if
you are subscribed to this list)

Aaron, great job!  The new menu interaction looks good.   Here are a few
comments:

1.  Would be nice to have a splash screen with the 'powered by Apache Flex'
logo
required.  Also, the formatting does not look right.  Anyways, we already
have an example (HttpService) that loads the Apache Flex blog.
3.  Instead, we could have a small description of what the TourDeFlex app
is about, where the source code can be downloaded, etc.
4.  Would nice to have all the components center aligned.
5.  CalloutButton:
     5.1 Would be nice to have a list of options that allows the user to
show the various settings (direction, etc.)
     5.2 Would be nice to show a couple of other callouts with other
components in them (spinner, checkboxes, etc.)
6.  MobileGrid:
     6.1  Would be nice to skin it along the same lines as the other
components.  The dark theme looks out of place
     6.2  Perhaps add a couple of custom itemrenderers as well?
7.  Layouts:
     7.1  I think it would be better if we started out with a few elements
right away, instead of expecting the user to click the "+" button.  It is
not very obvious.  Plus, we can show the 'info' button like we do for the
other components.
     7.2  We should use the same size graphics.  Random sized graphic seems
jarring, especially when they are really small.
     7.3  Looks like a bug with TileLayout when more elements are added
after filling the screen.  This can be ignored if we pre-populate the
layout/viewnavigator with elements upfront
     7.4  In my experience, using a List with the respective layouts make
for a better experience.  Can we switch all our layout examples to Lists?
     7.5  The animations feel a slow because of the duration.  We should
reduce the duration and make it snappier.
8.  Geolocation
     8.1 Can we use the MapQuest Flex Mobile component to show the user's
current location?  I have used this component in a project and it works
quite well.  [1]
     8.2 We can optionally use the Google Maps javascript api and load it
using StageWebView.  That could double up as an example of showing HTML in
Apache Flex apps

Again, thanks for taking this up.  All the things in the above list are
optional and feel free to implement only those that you have time for.  I
hope the Apache Flex community can chip in and help out here.

Thanks,
Om

[1]
http://developer.mapquest.com/web/products/featured/as3-flex-flash-mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Just have installed it to my SGS3 works just fine :)
Thanks a lot for this!

Maybe AIR SDK should be bundled to the final version to avoid additional
installation?

On 24 October 2014 03:53, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> see attached, I uploaded a rough copy. I added in all the skins, redid the
> slide out menu. Added the ability to drag the menu out from the left. I
> still need to fix the layout views, add in a splash screen, and a new icon
> to pop out the menu. Also a suggestions on a desktop icon would be
> appreciated. Once complete I can submit the source code as a JIRA ticket
> and
> also update my github page.
>
> TourDeFlexMobile.apk
> <
> http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n41738/TourDeFlexMobile.apk

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> Do we have any Android users that would be willing to test once I have a
>> nice working version?

Sure I have 1/2 dozen devices I can test it out on.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/showcase/4.10/layouts/mobilelayouts/src

> Do we have any Android users that would be willing to test once I have a
> nice working version?

I would love to help out.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <cm...@wavesolutions.pt>.
+1 Tester on Android and iOS

RE: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think we should ship the new version first and work on fixing the Adobe
> examples as needed.  No need to fix the Adobe version first.

That works fine for me.

Justin

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 21, 2014 1:10 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > would it make sense to make an Android one with the new skins and
publish
> > that in the play store?
>
> Yes - see:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33839
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34487
>
> > I have a fork of that project that I made some
> > changes too. I could update and publish in the play store
>
> For an official Apache release we would need to base it on the code Adobe
donated, but you contribution to that would be welcome.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> would it make sense to make an Android one with the new skins and publish
> that in the play store?

Yes - see:

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
We have tried getting the Apache Software Foundation to help us with
getting the App Store/Google Play developer accounts, but that does not
seem to be making any progress.

At this point, it is up to an individual to take it up, and publish this to
the store on behalf of Apache Flex.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Om