Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paul Dermody <pa...@miradorsoftware.com> on 2001/04/18 12:33:53 UTC

xmlns?

Hi guys:
Can anyone tell me what this line is doing in the sample deployment
descriptor for the addressbook sample.
Is this a path on my webserver, or in the soap api?
What is qname doing?

 xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-address-demo" qname="x:address"

Thanks

RE: xmlns?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@sun.com>.
The qname "x:address" refers to an element named "address" within the
description referenced by the namespace named "x" (in this case
urn:xml-soap-address-demo). (address does not necessarily refer to a method.
It might be a message or a port or some other type of element.)

RE: xmlns?

RE: xmlns?