Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/26 18:46:50 UTC

Release progress

Hi everyone,

I've been through the source code and licenses, and updated our existing license documentation, and created the LICENSE and NOTICE files. I'm satisfied we're in good shape in terms of the License Audit and Legal Audit part of the release process [1].

I've also done work on the documentation; it still needs testing against the release but is in a reasonable state now.

As far as the tracker goes, there is now only one issue outstanding  issue [2].

I can't remember offhand the deadline we set for ourselves - are we still on target? What's next?

Cheers,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WOOKIE/Wookie+First+Release
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE-44

Re: Release progress

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 26/10/2010 17:46, Scott Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been through the source code and licenses, and updated our
> existing license documentation, and created the LICENSE and NOTICE
> files. I'm satisfied we're in good shape in terms of the License
> Audit and Legal Audit part of the release process [1].
>
> I've also done work on the documentation; it still needs testing
> against the release but is in a reasonable state now.

Excellent.

For my part I have tested the current SVN head fairly rigourously. i
have not yet done any reviews of licences etc. since it has been clear
you were working on them.

> I can't remember offhand the deadline we set for ourselves - are we
> still on target? What's next?

Sander is presenting Wookie at ApacheCon on Wed 3rd Nov. We will miss
this for a full release but we can still have a release tarball
available for testing. Just in case anyone at ApacheCon wants to have a go.

It's not the end of the world if we don't make that deadline, it would
just be nice to be able to answer the question "what is the current
development status" with "there is a candidate release in testing right
now - want to help?" rather than "we will have a release out very soon."

Ross

Re: Release progress

Posted by Raido Kuli <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,