Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Sebastian Stranieri <se...@doorconsulting.com.ar> on 2007/08/27 04:42:37 UTC

What about languages?

Hey! Hi from Argentina,

Im was thinking about give some help with this projects, So I want  to
propose me to do the English to Spanish Translations, I hope that it’s a
great idea because 1/4 of the world write and talk in spanish, and this can
help to software distribution.

I am looking forward to hearing from the list soon.

Regards,

Sebastián Stranieri, CISSP
Door consulting
http://www.doorconsulting.com.ar <http://www.shellcode.com.ar>
Paraná 264, Piso 4to, Of.46 - C1017AAF
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires - Argentina
Phone/FAX: +54 (11) 57.11.52.63
Mobile: +54 (911) 64.84.73.22

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
We already have a copule of JIRA for that :
and

but we need a new one for I18n error messages, for sure !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Hi Sebastián!

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Yeah Stefan I think Studio is the most important since it is more front
facing.
More people will be using Studio than developers reading messages from ADS.

Good idea!

Alex

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Not to mention Studio Help !!!

On 8/27/07, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> wrote:
> One more cool thing could be translated messages for Apache Directory
> Studio. Some messages are already externalized as resource bundles and
> are ready to be translated. But most of the messages are still hardwired
> in the code :-(. I'll create a Jira to externalize these messages.
> Afterwards we could start with translating the resource bundles.
>
> Thanks Sebastian, for volunteering :-)
>
> Regards,
> Stefan Seelmann
>

> Sebastian Stranieri schrieb:
> > Hey! Hi from Argentina,
> >
> > Im was thinking about give some help with this projects, So I want  to
> > propose me to do the English to Spanish Translations, I hope that it's a
> > great idea because 1/4 of the world write and talk in spanish, and this
> > can help to software distribution.
> >
> > I am looking forward to hearing from the list soon.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sebastián Stranieri, CISSP
> >
> > Door consulting
> >
> > _____http://www.doorconsulting.com.ar_ <http://www.shellcode.com.ar>
> >
> > Paraná 264, Piso 4to, Of.46 - C1017AAF
> >
> > Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires - Argentina
> >
> > Phone/FAX: +54 (11) 57.11.52.63
> >
> > Mobile: +54 (911) 64.84.73.22

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RE: What about languages?

Posted by Sebastian Stranieri <se...@doorconsulting.com.ar>.
Hey no problem to translate the bible to spanish :P and have confidence that
I have sufficient technical skills to identify errors, not developing erros
but yes technical errors. I think that we need to establish a clear process,
assign a repository with all of the EN doco, and a ES destination, Tell me
what you think about this, (and give me the !"#$!#4 english papers :P)

Sebas

Re: What about languages?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.