Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/07 13:43:40 UTC

Tomcat clearing conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

I am running Tomcat and everytime I restart the web application it keeps on
clearing my ROOT.xml file back to its initial state (Very sparse).

So I keep on losing my environment variables and Resources...

Any thoughts?

With regards,

Mark Benussi, IBT Services

mark_benussi@ibt.com
Tel +44 870 850 1081
Mob +44 7714 767407
Fax +44 7092 094490

HYPERLINK "http://www.ibt.com/"

   _____

This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly
error, please return it with the title "Received in error" to
mark_benussi@ibt.com then delete the email and destroy any copies of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability
for any such matters or their consequences. Anyone who communicates with us
by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.

HYPERLINK "skype:mark_benussi?add"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
16:53

RE: Tomcat clearing conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Still here Leon :) (I used to be on this list years ago)

All sorted. I had a context entry under my host in the server.xml which was
causing the ROOT.xml to be re-written every time.

put a context.xml (with same content) into the META_INF folder of your ROOT
folder / war instead.

regards
leon

On 8/7/07, Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am running Tomcat and everytime I restart the web application it
> keeps on clearing my ROOT.xml file back to its initial state (Very
sparse).

> So I keep on losing my environment variables and Resources...
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> With regards,
>
> Mark Benussi, IBT Services
>
> mark_benussi@ibt.com
> Tel +44 870 850 1081
> Mob +44 7714 767407
> Fax +44 7092 094490
>
> HYPERLINK "http://www.ibt.com/"
>

>    _____
>
> This communication and any attachments contain information which is
> confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use
> of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s)
> please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use
> of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments
> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
> communication in error, please return it with the title "Received in
> error" to mark_benussi@ibt.com then delete the email and destroy any
copies of it.

> E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free,
> as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not
> accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Anyone
> who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing
so.

> HYPERLINK "skype:mark_benussi?add"

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> 06/08/2007