Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andrew Thompson <an...@quidnunc.com> on 2001/05/01 16:52:14 UTC

RE: Anyone got the element for to work with weblog ic 6?

>Conor wrote:
>Andrew,

>The location is a file path, and not a URL. Try that and let me know if
>you still have problems.

Yeah, I had a file path originally, but I was experimenting. It would be
good if the documentation, if not the syntax could reflect what was expected
where. eg, Name / Required / Type in those handy tables. I know it says its
a "file" but that's still ambiguous enough. Its like most things, when its
working, you don't care how good the docs are (overall I'd say they're
pretty good) when it isn't you need all the help you can get :)

Anyway, I think I figured out what's up:

This doesn't work:

<target name="ejb-jar" depends="ejb-classes">
    <ejbjar srcdir="${ejbstaging.dir}"
  	    descriptordir="${ddstaging.dir}"
            destdir="${output.dir}"
            basenameterminator="." >

      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${ejb.library}" />
      </classpath>
      <support dir="${ejbstaging.dir}">
        <include name="**/*.class" />
      </support>
      <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
1.1//EN"
           location="D:\java\weblogic
classes\weblogic\ejb20\dd\xml\ejb11-jar.dtd" />
      <dtd publicId="-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD WebLogic 5.1.0 EJB//EN"
           location="D:\java\weblogic
classes\weblogic\ejb20\dd\xml\weblogic600-ejb-jar.dtd" />
      <dtd publicId="-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD WebLogic 5.1.0 EJB RDBMS
Persistence//EN"
           location="D:\java\weblogic
classes\weblogic\ejb20\cmp11\rdbms\weblogic-rdbms11-persistence-600.dtd" />
 <!--    <weblogic destdir="${output.dir}"
                suffix="-ejb.jar"
                keepgeneric="false"
                rebuild="false" >
         <classpath>
          <pathelement path="${ejbstaging.dir}" />
        </classpath>
       	<wlclasspath>
          <pathelement location="${ejb.library}" />
        </wlclasspath>
      </weblogic> -->
   </ejbjar>
  </target>

*BUT*

If I remove the comment around the <weblogic> element it works fine. No
other changes. So it looks like <dtd> requires <weblogic> to be present.
(there may be other things that'll make it work, I guess). Of course, it may
be more complex than this ... using <weblogic> starts another JVM does it
not? With a different classpath...?

In any case, I can't get a vanilla

Is that a bug?

AndyT

Re: Anyone got the element for to work with weblogic 6?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Andrew,

From: "Andrew Thompson" <an...@quidnunc.com>
> Yeah, I had a file path originally, but I was experimenting. It would be
> good if the documentation, if not the syntax could reflect what was
expected
> where. eg, Name / Required / Type in those handy tables. I know it says
its
> a "file" but that's still ambiguous enough. Its like most things, when
its
> working, you don't care how good the docs are (overall I'd say they're
> pretty good) when it isn't you need all the help you can get :)
>
> Anyway, I think I figured out what's up:

This was a bug which has been fixed after 1.3 was released. If you are
trying EJB2.0 stuff it is worth getting a snapshot of the optional jar
since it will call the correct ejbc compiler. (ejbc20) for 2.0 jars.

I'm about to post a new optional jar which you may want to grab.

I think the documentation is OK especially in light of the bug fix. If you
still think it needs to be updated, you could submit a patch with improved
wording.

Conor