Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vikofvan <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/04 22:13:36 UTC

[Struts2] Convention Plugin

Where can I get hold of the strust2 convention plugin? It seems to be missing
from the 2.1.2 build. Thanks.

Vikram

Re: [Struts2] Convention Plugin

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
No, that's the codebehind plugin.

Re: [Struts2] Convention Plugin - @Result

Posted by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com>.
I think the log level should be bumped up one :)

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Struts2] Convention Plugin - Annotationd

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well, by "convention" these things could be defined in the top most package
> of the actions packages (ie. struts.convention.action.packages) in
> package-info.java. This seems natural to me.

Yes, that would be the obvious choice, but it doesn't feel as natural
as the other annotations(to me). The other thing is that these
configuration elements is not where developers spend their time, how
often do you write an interceptor stack,or a global result?.

> I would think that at least the default interceptor-ref should be made
> available on package-info.java(s) because this would prevent you from having
> to create a parallel xml configuration just to house this information. After
> all, the namespace annotation is allowed there (which is outside the action
> element).

You are right on this.

musachy

Re: [Struts2] Convention Plugin - Annotationd

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Did you take a look at the docs:
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/convention-plugin.html?

To get you started do this:

1. Create an action in ....actions.TestAction, and write an execute()
method that return "success".
2. Create the file  /WEB-INF/content/test.jsp
3. Point your browser to: http://localhost:8080/context/test

That should be it. Make sure that the plugin is getting deployed to
the lib folder of your app. You can also enable logging to see what is
going on (convention plugin can be quite verbose)

musachy

Posted by vikofvan <vi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vikofvan <vi...@yahoo.com>.