Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Brett McLaughlin <br...@earthlink.net> on 2000/03/05 16:15:10 UTC

JAXP and properties

OK.

    I see that Pier has added Impl classes for the four abstract JAXP
classes.  What I don't see is where there is a system properties file that
specifies to use Apache Xerces's parsers as opposed to Project X.  Where are
these files?  Or are these properties all specified on the command line
(which doensn't seem right)?  Thanks for the information.

-----
Brett McLaughlin
Metro Information Systems
Work: (972) 724-3161
Mobile: (817) 825-7187

Re: JAXP and properties

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> OK.
>
>     I see that Pier has added Impl classes for the four abstract JAXP
> classes.  What I don't see is where there is a system properties file that
> specifies to use Apache Xerces's parsers as opposed to Project X.  Where are
> these files?  Or are these properties all specified on the command line
> (which doensn't seem right)?  Thanks for the information.

The spec say that the implementation class names must be derived from
the System properties (so passed on the command line with the -D
argument), or they should default to the platform default.
The platform defaults for my implementation of the javax.xml.parsers
classes (the ones found in our CVS repository) are the Xerces ones, so,
if you use my implementation, you won't have any problem, while, if
you'll be needing to specify the properties on the command line.
This problem will be solved, anyhow, in JDK-1.4 (I believe) when you'll
have to specify system properties in a properties file.

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>