Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Nick de Voil <ni...@devoil.com> on 2001/11/23 08:16:32 UTC

Getting my JRun taglib working with Tomcat 3.2.3

I have developed a JSP app which works great on my PC under JRun 3.0 and
W2K.

It makes extensive use of custom tags.

To get them working I basically just created a TLD. There didn't seem to be
any need to create a web.xml file. Or to put the classes in a JAR file.

Now I am trying to install the app on a server with Tomcat 3.2.3 and Linux,
in a hurry and I am having problems. It seems to want a web.xml file - OK, I
have created that - but what exactly should it say? Do the classes have to
be in a JAR? Does anything else have to be in it? Where should it be
located? Where should the TLD be located?

Can anyone clarify this for me or point me at a resource that explains the
exact steps I must go through?

Thanks a lot

Nick