Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 23:07:27 UTC

Yarn log directory perms

Hey guys,

It looks like the default perms for app/container dirs is set to 710 and is
not configurable. From DefaultContainerExecutor

  /** Permissions for user log dir.
   * $logdir/$user/$appId */
  private static final short LOGDIR_PERM = (short)0710;

Any reasons for not having this be a configurable property?

Thanks,
Prashant

Re: Yarn log directory perms

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Just a thought, I don't know how much it makes sense, why not run that
program as the user who is allowed to read that directory and you can then
allow that user to write to whichever directory you want to forward your
logs?

Regards,
Shahab

Re: Yarn log directory perms