Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/04 06:38:10 UTC

Approved pending pull requests merge order

Hi all,
(just sending this email as we discussed about this topic at the
meeting, without any decision)

There is a bunch of "approved" pull requests which are falling into
"conflict mode" due to minor changes appeared in recent commits

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/127 BOOKKEEPER-1028 and
BOOKKEEPER-1029 from Charan

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/189 BOOKKEEPER-1033: Handle
DirsPartitionDuplication from Charan

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/81 BOOKKEEPER-753: Bookie
should run garbage collection before startup when all directories
became full from Sijie

there are some other big changes, like the SSL support which will need
a new rebase

this is the full list or PRs:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pulls

Do we need a "strategy" in order to minimize the "resolve conflicts" effort ?

-- Enrico

Re: Approved pending pull requests merge order

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
For the changes from committers, the conflicts are easier to address. They
are able to rebase and merge following the merge process. So I am kind of
in favor of merging non committer changes first if they are ready, to
reduce the back-and-forth on resolving conflicts.

Charan, you also have the permissions. If you reviews got +1 from other
committers and addressed the comments, feel free to merge the changes.

Is this approach better than for a single person to coordinate the merges?

Sijie