Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Pablo Caraballo Llorente <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/13 19:41:51 UTC

Maven Release Plugin - Reopen MRELEASE-282

Hello.

As a user of the maven-release-plugin, I find that the issue MRELEASE-282
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-282> is an improvement that
would be useful to improve the configuration of the prepare and perform
goals.

In my specific case, I cannot configure different arguments for each goal
given that both share the same property, and that the 1st one generates a
release.properties file that overrides the configuration set in the pom
file. Even more specifically, I would like to skip the tests compilation
and execution during the perform goal, as this job is already done in the
preparation, and adds a lot of overhead to the release pipeline
(configuring the specific goals to run in the perform isn't suitable, as
they may vary at any point).

If you are aware of a better way of doing this rather than implementing the
feature, please let me know. If that is the case, maybe it's worth
mentioning it in the documentation site.

Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Re: Maven Release Plugin - Reopen MRELEASE-282

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Reopened. PR are welcome.

pt., 17 cze 2022 o 18:08 Pablo Caraballo Llorente <pa...@gmail.com>