Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "dale.chang13" <da...@outlook.com> on 2016/04/25 18:17:36 UTC

NiFi Rest API Start

Looking through the NiFi API, I am not finding a way to start a Processor,
Process Group, or an instance of NiFi. Is there a Rest API command I can
invoke to start one of these? The API says there is a way to start and stop
processors

Re: NiFi Rest API Start

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
It appears it's not able to find the Process Group ID that you've
specified. When this happens the REST API will attempt to create the
Process Group and it's failing to do that. I'm thinking that's it hasn't
successfully interpreted the request body as you appear to be setting the
ID. Here's an example of the message body that I'm running locally...

'{"processGroup":{"id":"403dc272-dd9c-4173-aeb1-09ecf4eee514","running":true},"revision":{"version":0,"clientId":"2eab0b62-c2fe-4ad7-8189-161dc44a0eba"}}'

Another thing you could try is to open up your browser's Developer Tools.
If you issue the requet using the UI, you should be able to see it in the
Developer Tools Network tab. From there some (Chrome) even offers a 'Copy a
cUrl' menu item.

Matt

Re: NiFi Rest API Start

Posted by "dale.chang13" <da...@outlook.com>.