Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2001/08/20 23:09:23 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf httpd-std.conf httpd-win.conf

On 20 Aug 2001 wrowe@apache.org wrote:

>   +    <Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/error">
>   +        AllowOverride None
>   +        Options IncludesNoExec
>   +        AddHandler type-map var
>   +        SetOutputFilter Includes
>   +        Order allow,deny
>   +        Allow from all
>   +    </Directory>

Woops.  Now we are parsing error/images/logo.gif for includes.
(Probably no harm done; but it surely isn't optimal.)

Did I ever mention that we need an AddOutputFilter that works the
same as AddHandler?

Joshua.

> Woops.  Now we are parsing error/images/logo.gif for includes.
> (Probably no harm done; but it surely isn't optimal.)

I agree.  Can we move logo and presume it's safely in /icons/, or should we
go and declare

<Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/error/images">
    RemoveOutputFilter Includes
</Directory>

[Matching by <File > forces all subrequests in a directory to do the dir_walk :( ]

> Did I ever mention that we need an AddOutputFilter that works the
> same as AddHandler?

Yes, you have.  Yes, we do.

Within the next two weeks I will dig 6 feet back under into mod_mime.

Obviously, this will be restricted to Content handlers.  I specifically want to be
able to;

AddType text/html .txt
AddOutputFilter TextToHtml .txt

Or simply

AddType text/plain .txt
AddOutputFilterByType TextToHtml text/plain

(which requires content-type munging for detection that has to happen in the right
place at the right time, I dunno what the implications are.)

That will be a beautiful thing.  I'll be writing TextToHtml 1. so I really get to
understand the 'filter in the middle', and 2. so mod_autoindex can take text/plain
or text/html, and doesn't do any work itself, and 3. mod_includes could use it too.

Bill