Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by infiniteuniverse <in...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/16 14:48:19 UTC

Re: One of my features is not validating on custom build

Was a fix for this bug ever implemented? I'm experiencing a similar problem
using the 4.1.1 karaf maven plugin feature verification. It appears that the
plugin is attempting to uninstall org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap/2.5.2 for some
reason. The issue can be created by verifying this feature:

<repository>mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/enterprise-legacy/4.1.1/xml/features</repository>

<repository>mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/spring-legacy/4.1.1/xml/features</repository>

  <feature name="some-feature" version="${project.version}">
    <feature version="4.2.9.RELEASE_1">spring-orm</feature>
    <feature version="1.0.4">jpa</feature>
    <feature version="4.3.6.Final">hibernate</feature>
  </feature>

The bug can be avoided by altering the feature in the following manner
(adding the wrap dependency directly":

  <feature name="some-feature" version="${project.version}">
    <feature version="4.2.9.RELEASE_1">spring-orm</feature>
    <feature version="1.0.4">jpa</feature>
    <feature version="4.3.6.Final">hibernate</feature>
    <bundle>mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-wrap/2.5.2/jar/uber</bundle>
  </feature>

Re: One of my features is not validating on custom build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
That's a good point. Let me improve that.

Regards
JB

On 06/16/2017 10:00 PM, infiniteuniverse wrote:
> I also meant to mention, if it is just a missing transitive feature
> dependency, why isn't it just doing a standard feature validation failure
> saying wrap is required, instead of throwing an unsupported operation
> exception because it's trying to "uninstall" the wrap feature?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: One of my features is not validating on custom build

Posted by infiniteuniverse <in...@gmail.com>.
Shouldn't the feature (transitive) that's actually using wrap declare that
dependency? Those are all karaf provided features being used, so it seems
like one of them is missing a wrap dependency or using something else that
is missing the dependency.

Re: One of my features is not validating on custom build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
If one of your features (transitive) use a jar which is not a bundle, than it
has to be wrapped, and so you need the wrap feature.

Regards
JB

On 06/16/2017 06:44 PM, infiniteuniverse wrote:
> Which feature is missing the wrap feature? Isn't a bug in whichever feature
> isn't properly declaring its dependency on wrap? The example feature doesn't
> have a direct dependency on wrap, so it shouldn't have to declare a
> dependency on it.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: One of my features is not validating on custom build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's not a bug, it's just the missing wrap feature in the feature (with the
corresponding <repository/>).

Regards
JB

On 06/16/2017 04:48 PM, infiniteuniverse wrote:
> Was a fix for this bug ever implemented? I'm experiencing a similar problem
> using the 4.1.1 karaf maven plugin feature verification. It appears that the
> plugin is attempting to uninstall org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap/2.5.2 for some
> reason. The issue can be created by verifying this feature:
>

> <repository>mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/enterprise-legacy/4.1.1/xml/features</repository>
>
> <repository>mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/spring-legacy/4.1.1/xml/features</repository>
>
>    <feature name="some-feature" version="${project.version}">
>      <feature version="4.2.9.RELEASE_1">spring-orm</feature>
>      <feature version="1.0.4">jpa</feature>
>      <feature version="4.3.6.Final">hibernate</feature>
>    </feature>
>
> The bug can be avoided by altering the feature in the following manner
> (adding the wrap dependency directly":
>
>    <feature name="some-feature" version="${project.version}">
>      <feature version="4.2.9.RELEASE_1">spring-orm</feature>
>      <feature version="1.0.4">jpa</feature>
>      <feature version="4.3.6.Final">hibernate</feature>
>      <bundle>mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-wrap/2.5.2/jar/uber</bundle>
>    </feature>

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net