Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reid Beckett <re...@stonylakesolutions.com> on 2001/11/08 15:34:36 UTC

WarpConnection exception..?

Does anyone have any information about what this exception means, and
how it can occur.
It is showing up intermittently in the apache_*.log files under
TOMCAT_ROOT/logs/ directory.

2001-11-08 00:53:47 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
Exception on socket
java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

We are running Apache 1.3.19 with Tomcat 4.0 using the WarpConnection,
in Red Hat Linux 7.0

Re: WarpConnection exception..?

Posted by Roman Schlueter <ro...@esc-electronics.de>.
Hello Reid,

I have become aware of the same problem. The effect is that the
connection
between mod_webapp(Apache) and warp(Tomcat) will broken and recreated.
I think that's a mistake at the header of the warp protocol. I hope,
this problem
will resolved in future.
Perhaps, anyone have a solution for this bug. I'm very interested.

Regards
Roman