Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Phil Grimm <pg...@MimEcom.com> on 2000/11/22 23:32:18 UTC

Jetspeed on Struts? Sillly question?

Has anyone out there thought about trying to port Jetspeed to run on struts?
Is it even reasonably possible? Any interest in this?

We are firmly established (in production) on struts and loving it. However,
we now have a need for a portal (ala MyYahoo) capability which the Apache
Jetspeed project provides. Jetspeed runs on Turbine (that other Apache
framework). I'd hate to move to Turbine to get the Jetspeed capability, but
we might have to make that choice if there is no alternative.

Would it be reasonably possible to port Jetspeed in such a way that
integrating new periodic releases from the Jetspeed team could be done
easily? Some portability hooks? Would the struts team be willing to consider
adjusting struts to facilitate this?

Anyone know of any alternative Portal capability that can be run on struts?

Thanks,
Phil Grimm