Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com> on 2009/11/19 10:50:37 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] ProxyHTMLURLMap issues ... resent .. surely somebody can help with this

I think the reason no-one has replied is that no-one knows...

You are using a 3rd party module that many people will be unfamiliar with (eg, me) so it's not too surprising no-one feels able to respond. I did look up the module's homepage and noticed that the author offers to try to help out registered (ie, paying) users - is it worth £50?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

________________________________

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Peter de Groot <
peter.de.groot@det.wa.edu.au> wrote:

> No ...
> Log Level is set to warn.

The second parameter in the log message is the level that the message was
logged at. Maybe there is another LogLevel directive somewhere that is
overriding what you think is being set.

Cheers

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] [debug] proxy_util.c(1820): proxy: worker proxy:reverse already initialized

Posted by Peter de Groot <pe...@det.wa.edu.au>.
Yep .. according to the doc..  this is the safest way to do a reverse proxy.

Sometimes the thing proxies properly .. usually the first time .. and then
a refresh give me a web site (the proxied one) unavailable.

If course it is working now ... even with the errors in the log..
but I am the only user on at the moment

Peter

Peter

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Peter de Groot <pe...@det.wa.edu.au>.
No ...
Log Level is set to warn.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On 20 Nov 2009, at 09:31, Tom Evans wrote:

> The last three replies *were* from the author :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom
>
> You know when you click reply, and then you realize you misunderstood what the other guy said....

Lol!

I read your previous reply the way you wrote it, and had to figure this one out!

> ++coffee;

Good idea.

p.s. to the OP, what happens if you run your HTML through xmllint --html?

If the "comment" disappears, it's too broken for libxml2.  If the comment
survives xmllint but gets eaten by mod_proxy_html, then I should be
investigating and hopefully fixing something!

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyHTMLURLMap issues ... resent .. surely somebody can help with this

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
Nick Kew wrote:

>>     <!--
>
> mod_proxy_html won't rewrite comments.  It'll pass them through
> untouched or strip them out - no other option.

Come to think of it, that was a somewhat-legitimate feature request.
Maybe I'll add it to a future 3.2 release.

Meanwhile you might find it easier to revert to a non-markup-aware
filter such as mod_sed, and work your way through any "false
positives" that arise out of context-blind pattern matching.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyHTMLURLMap issues ... resent .. surely somebody can help with this

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
Boyle Owen wrote:
> I think the reason no-one has replied is that no-one knows...

Very likely true, though I'd add I don't think I've seen the post
you're replying to.

> 	The internal web site uses a "CSS Hack" (??)  to get around browser issues in IE.
> 	When I browse the internal site directly I see this in the source.
>

> 	<!--

mod_proxy_html won't rewrite comments.  It'll pass them through
untouched or strip them out - no other option.

> 	When I view the page source via the proxy.. this piece of the code is MISSING, and the apache log shows this
>
> 	 Non-HTML content; not inserting proxy-html filter, referer: http://intranet.fff.xxxxdu/tv/

That's a non-HTML document (as determined by the Content-Type header),
not a comment in an HTML document.

--
Nick Kew