Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com> on 2009/08/17 18:30:53 UTC

[classlib] Contribution of native code to port to additional platforms in HARMONY-6311

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the contribution of class library native code
which enables us to port to some additional platforms not currently
supported. This contribution includes:
 - A chunk of additional code to get Harmony class library natives to
build and execute with correct behaviour on zOS (minus the awt and
imageio modules). Most of this code is in the new hya2e library, which
deals with converting arguments from ascii to ebcdic and vice-versa.
This library is only built on zOS.
 - New memory mapping and shared library functions for zOS.
 - Some small additional changes to some math functions for big
endian/64bit platforms.

I have attached the patch to HARMONY-6311 for the changes. Ill start a
vote on the contribution in the next few days when everyone has had a
chance to take a look.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [classlib] Contribution of native code to port to additional platforms in HARMONY-6311

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
Cool!

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli

Re: [classlib] Contribution of native code to port to additional platforms in HARMONY-6311

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
+1
-Mark

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Please ignore this mail and vote under the new thread entitled "[VOTE]

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Hi all,