Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Toby Hobson <to...@btinternet.com> on 2008/05/14 15:00:43 UTC

Event bubbling

Hi Guys,

I would like to define an area at the top of my border.tml to show messages which may be "flashed" to the user. Ideally pages and nested components will be able to set the message that will be displayed here. I was thinking of allowing pages and components to fire a custom event, which will then bubble up to border.java where it set the message. Does this seem like a good idea? and if so how do I fire a custom event from my pages/components?

Thanks

Toby