Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 09:50:13 UTC

Re: Have Friedman's glmnet algo running in Spark

I have a follow up on this:
I see on JIRA that the idea of having a GLMNET implementation was more or
less abandoned, since a OWLQN implementation was chosen to construct a model
using L1/L2 regularization.

However, GLMNET has the property of "returning a multitide of models
(corresponding to different vales of penalty parameters [for the
regularization])". I think this is not the case in the OWLQN implementation.
However, this would be really helpful to compare the accuracy of models with
different regParam values.
As far as I understood, this would avoid to have a costly cross-validation
step over a possibly large set of regParam values.

Joseph Bradley wrote