Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl> on 2008/06/02 13:27:54 UTC

[ivy] IVYDE release?

Hi,

I was wondering what the current status of the planned IVYDE release is. Personally I think it would be nice if the suggested alpha release would be built on top of an an updated official IVY release (either as beta 3 or as rc1). Then we would have both in sync.

Any other comments, suggestions?

Regards,
Erik-Berndt Scheper

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: [ivy] IVYDE release?

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le lundi 2 juin 2008, Scheper, Erik-Berndt a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the current status of the planned IVYDE release is.
> Personally I think it would be nice if the suggested alpha release would be
> built on top of an an updated official IVY release (either as beta 3 or as
> rc1). Then we would have both in sync.
>
> Any other comments, suggestions?

I don't think we need to synchronize anything. IvyDE and Ivy are two different
bundles in Eclipse. So here we can release a ivyde Eclipse feature with ivyde
2.0 alpha1 and Ivy 2.0 beta2. And when Ivy 2.0 RC1 will go out, we can
release another ivyde Eclipse feature with ivyde 2.0 alpha1 and Ivy 2.0RC1.

Another solution is to create a Eclipse feature for Ivy, and making the IvyDE
feature depends on it. I don't know what is the best thought.

So both case will be more flexible, and keep our releasing work less painfull.

Nicolas