Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2008/12/05 19:59:51 UTC

Barking up the wrong tree (was: Re: Rule to catch PO#)

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 15:15 -0500, Ray Jette wrote:
> [...]  I have been working on this for over a week and
> still can't seem to get it. It is critical that I get this working.

No, it is not.

What's critical is, that you find out how and where you are "losing
mail". Hint: SA does *not* drop mail.

You posted that you apparently are losing mail. But you don't know any
detail about these mail. So what are you losing? You'd better go and
investigate on that issue.

It's most unlikely, that a rule that subtracts less than 1 from the
score of the email (IFF it is related to the SA score at all, we still
don't know) will make a difference.

You've been working on this for a week, but still didn't read and
understand the RE introduction I told you about before. You still don't
know what you are losing, or where. And you have been highly
uncooperative, in that you didn't answer a single bloody question we've
been asking to better help you. Instead, you are torturing a simple RE,
like it would be responsible for you losing a multi million dollar deal.

You are attacking your problem from the wrong side.

But hey, you ignored all that a couple days ago already. Why should you
listen this time...

  guenther