Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pua Chin Kok <ch...@pacific.net.sg> on 2002/04/30 09:52:39 UTC

Re: Unable to go to link page

Hi,

I am managing the apache web server for my organisation.

When I click onto a link, instead of bringing me to the destination html page, I get a window prompt that says "you are downloading the file ...would you like to save it?"
(see attached image). I have checked my configuration file, and nothing seems amiss. There is nothing wrong with my broswer.

Anyone can help? Tks !

Regards
Chin Kok

Re: Unable to go to link page

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Obviously content-type is wrong. Check AddType directives and use
telnet to manually issue request and debug that.

îÁ 2002.04.30 10:52 Pua Chin Kok ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:

Re: Unable to go to link page

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
> Pua Chin Kok wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am managing the apache web server for my organisation.
>
> When I click onto a link, instead of bringing me to the destination
> html page, I get a window prompt that says "you are downloading the
> file ...would you like to save it?"
> (see attached image). I have checked my configuration file, and
> nothing seems amiss. There is nothing wrong with my broswer.

Please read http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and
never post a large proprietary graphic attachment to a public mailing
list again! You could have saved us the pain of downloading your graphic
by simply explaining what type of file extension your linked file has.

As for your assertion that there is "nothing amiss" in the server and
"nothing wrong" in the browser - one of these is clearly wrong or you
would have no problem.

Your problem almost certainly to do with the mime-type or file
extension.

- what is the extension of the file on the end of the link?
- what setting do you have for AddType, DefaultType, ForceType or
RemoveType and for TypesConfig? Maybe you could read the docs for the
directives and figure it out for yourself?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

PS please post back in plain-text.