Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/18 00:51:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] cordova-android@7.1.3 patch release, any objections?

Does anyone have any reason to delay a cordova-_android_ platform release?

Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the release tomorrow.

Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-android@7.1.3 patch release, any objections?

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
I will post once I am in the office.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
I would favor removing the warning, recommend you raise an issue on the
whitelist plugin so we don't lose track.

I am still waiting to hear if Gandhi or Jesse will report some other error
message that I do not see yet.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
I tried the mobilespec once and considered "good enough" that most of the
automatic test cases passed. I have not tried it again.

I generally use a couple test projects to verify that the Cordova platform
patch release and other Cordova tooling is able to properly install a
plugin and run on a device:

   - https://github.com/brodybits/cordova-dialogs-bootstrap-test (2-button
   and 3-button dialog should work properly, should receive callback alert for
   each button, I generally just test 2-3 buttons on the 3-button dialog)
   - https://github.com/brodybits/cordova-sqlite-test-app - self test
   should report success (need to add cordova-sqlite-storage plugin; self test
   is internal cordova-sqlite-storage test to verify that database CRUD
   operations function properly)

I think it is enough to very that the dialogs bootstrap test works properly.

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
I just raised https://github.com/apache/cordova/issues/52 to report the
sporadic "version check failed" messages that I have still not been able to
reproduce. 7.1.3 will be published tomorrow barring any major objections.
Thanks guys for reporting the observations.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
10.14

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Salzburg <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jesse can you paste the reported error?

When I tried it I got the following output related to
cordova-plugin-whitelist, which does not look like an error message:

Discovered plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist" in config.xml. Adding it to
the project

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julio,