Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ionut S <si...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/20 16:40:09 UTC

resetting the admin password on continuum

Hi,
I want to reset the admin password on continuum.. I read some answers on this forum - I should connect to derby and change the password in the database.

So.. I connected to derby with the ij tool, discovered the table where the user/password is kept (sa.jdouser). However, the password in encoded.. How can I generate the same encoding from my password ? What kind of encoding did you use ?

I'm trying to use Hashcalc for it, so this information is very important...

Thank you,
Ionut

Re: resetting the admin password on continuum

Posted by Ionut S <si...@yahoo.com>.
I removed the entire users database in the end (I was at the beginning of the setup anyway).

I found this page :

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Continuum+FAQ#ContinuumFAQ-HowdoIunlocktheadminaccount%3F

Ionut S <si...@yahoo.com> wrote: Well.. I'm not sure the account is locked.. Maybe this could be a possibility. (try the password a number of times until it gets locked and then unlock it). Actually, considering how many times I tried the password, it might be already locked...

How can I do that ?

Wendy Smoak  wrote: On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Ionut S  wrote:
> I want to reset the admin password on continuum.. I read some answers on this forum -
> I should connect to derby and change the password in the database.

Do you really need to change the password in the db, or do you need to
unlock the account so you can change it normally (using the web
interface)?

> How can I generate the same encoding from my password ? What kind of encoding did you use ?

I don't know offhand, but the answer will be in Codehaus Redback:
http://redback.codehaus.org or
http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/

--
Wendy

Re: resetting the admin password on continuum

Posted by Ionut S <si...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.