Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Ulrich Ackermann <ul...@web.de> on 2006/01/20 22:44:25 UTC

Examples for XMLSignature with private key on a Smartcard

Hi,

I've been looking quit a while without any luck for any advice or examples for getting an XMLSignature done with the constraint, that the private key can't be offered the XML Security framework (because he is on a Smartcard, e.g.).
All attempts getting or creating the "right" digest and encrypting it with the private key outside didn't lead to any result either.

Has anybody anywhere accomplished this task (which shouldn't be too extraordinary...)? Any help (links, example code etc.) is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ulrich

Re: Examples for XMLSignature with private key on a Smartcard

Posted by Sean Mullan <Se...@Sun.COM>.
Does the card support PKCS#11? If so, have you tried using it with a
PKCS#11 JCE provider, such as the one in Sun's JDK 5.0? :
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/p11guide.html

--Sean