Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christoph Sturm <ch...@schaumwelt.com> on 2001/02/15 01:37:18 UTC

Re[2]: App Design Philosophy Rant

Hey Cocooners!

>> - No transaction support

DB> see esql:autocommit
is there any docu that explains transactions with esql? I couldnt find
anything, the schema doesnt mention it at all, and the demo also
doesnt use transactions. Ok, theres still the sourcecode....

:D
 Chris

Re: Re[2]: App Design Philosophy Rant

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Christoph Sturm wrote:

> Hey Cocooners!
>
> Wednesday, February 14, 2001, 8:21:44 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> - No transaction support
>
> DB> see esql:autocommit
> is there any docu that explains transactions with esql? I couldnt find
> anything, the schema doesnt mention it at all, and the demo also
> doesnt use transactions. Ok, theres still the sourcecode....

if you turn off autocommit, only if all queries on a particular connection
succeed will the entire set be committed.

- donald