Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shey Rab Pawo <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/16 08:28:44 UTC

Odd temp file being created: "+~JF38289.tmp"

I hope that this is a Tomcat question.  I am using Tomcat 5.0 and
Struts 1.2.6.  I am getting a temp file seemingly related to my fonts
whenever I dynamically create new image buttons on the fly, which I do
on almost all pages, and then cache them.  My code to get the fonts,
reading from .ttf files, is as follows:

  public synchronized static Font getFont(String fontLogicalName,
                                                            Map attributes) {
    File            file         = null;
    Font            font         = null;
    FileInputStream fontStream   = null;
    String          physicalName = null;
    String          familyName   = null;
    boolean         realValue    = true;

    physicalName = (String)fonts.get(fontLogicalName + "FONT");
    familyName   = (String)fonts.get(fontLogicalName + "FAMILY");

    attributes.put(TextAttribute.FONT,fontLogicalName);
    attributes.put(TextAttribute.FAMILY,familyName);

    if(physicalName == null) {
      try {
        font = new Font(attributes);
      } catch (Exception e) {
        // ERROR HANDLING
      }
    }

    try {
      file = new File(MY_CLASSPATH_TO_FONT_FILE);
      fontStream = new FileInputStream(file);
      font = Font.createFont(Font.TRUETYPE_FONT,fontStream);
      font = font.deriveFont(attributes);
      fontStream.close();
    } catch (FileNotFoundException fnfe) {
      // ERROR HANDLING
    } catch (IOException ioe) {
      // ERROR HANDLING
    } catch (FontFormatException ffe) {
      // ERROR HANDLING
    }

    return font;
  }

Does anyone see why I am getting these files?  Is this Tomcat related?
 The names are like "+~JF38289.tmp".  Any help?

--
The radiance of all the stars does not equal a sixteenth part of the
moon's radiance, likewise, good deeds giving us merit, all these do