Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie> on 2009/02/04 17:15:44 UTC

Fuse Packages

Hi All,

I know this is not the correct place for this post but the fusesource forum page is broken so I cannot create an account.

I have installed fuse-message-broker and it seems to incorporate camel already although it is a different version than the latest fuse-mediation-router. If this is true why do I need to install fuse-mediation-router, what else does it provide? Is there a way to integrate mediation-router into message-broker so I am using the latest mediation-router?

Just trying to get a handle on what the components are and how to use them.

Thanks

 Glenn

Re: Fuse Packages

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

It is true that a CamelContext can be embedded in ActiveMQ (after all it was
considered a subproject of ActiveMQ) until a couple of weeks ago.

However Camel can exist standalone, be embedded inside another Java
application of be instantiated via Spring in a Spring based environment. At
the end of the day Camel is a routing engine that was designed to be used in
different environments.

You may choose whichever deployment option that best suits your needs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

Glenn Macgregor-3 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is not the correct place for this post but the fusesource
> forum page is broken so I cannot create an account.
>
> I have installed fuse-message-broker and it seems to incorporate camel
> already although it is a different version than the latest
> fuse-mediation-router. If this is true why do I need to install
> fuse-mediation-router, what else does it provide? Is there a way to
> integrate mediation-router into message-broker so I am using the latest
> mediation-router?
>
> Just trying to get a handle on what the components are and how to use
> them.
>
> Thanks
>
>  Glenn

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---
+1-972-304-9084 (Office)
+1-972-971-1700 (Mobile)
----
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com/

Re: Fuse Packages

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.
Hi Glenn,

At a guess, you can of course just drop your Camel route into the
activemq configuration file (activemq.xml). AFAIK there's already a
sample in there doing a simple route from one queue to another.

If you need to use additional jars from the FUSE MR distribution, you
could just drop them into the lib/ directory of ActiveMQ.

Cheers,
Ade

On 4 Feb 2009, at 17:01, Glenn Macgregor wrote:

> Great, thanks.
>
> Now the question is how do I tell the fuse message-broker
> installation that fuse mediation-router has been installed?
>
> How can I add mediation-router specific xml into the message-broker
> config?
>
> Glenn

---

RE: Fuse Packages

Posted by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie>.
Great, thanks.

Now the question is how do I tell the fuse message-broker installation that fuse mediation-router has been installed?

How can I add mediation-router specific xml into the message-broker config?

Glenn

I think the fusesource.com forum is back up; I believe there was some
problems earlier on but their fixed now.

FUSE Message Broker does implicitly contain parts of the FUSE
distribution of Camel - if you look in the lib/ directory you'll see
that camel-jms and camel-spring jars are present, for version 1.4.1.0-
fuse. So, if you're just doing JMS work in your camel routes then you
don't need to install FUSE mediation router. If however you're using
other Camel components (file, jetty, http, etc.) you should consider
downloading the FUSE Mediation Router installer separately.

Best,
Ade.

On 4 Feb 2009, at 16:15, Glenn Macgregor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is not the correct place for this post but the
> fusesource forum page is broken so I cannot create an account.
>
> I have installed fuse-message-broker and it seems to incorporate
> camel already although it is a different version than the latest
> fuse-mediation-router. If this is true why do I need to install fuse-
> mediation-router, what else does it provide? Is there a way to
> integrate mediation-router into message-broker so I am using the
> latest mediation-router?
>
> Just trying to get a handle on what the components are and how to
> use them.
>
> Thanks
>
> Glenn

---

Re: Fuse Packages

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.
HI Glenn,

I think the fusesource.com forum is back up; I believe there was some
problems earlier on but their fixed now.

FUSE Message Broker does implicitly contain parts of the FUSE
distribution of Camel - if you look in the lib/ directory you'll see
that camel-jms and camel-spring jars are present, for version 1.4.1.0-
fuse. So, if you're just doing JMS work in your camel routes then you
don't need to install FUSE mediation router. If however you're using
other Camel components (file, jetty, http, etc.) you should consider
downloading the FUSE Mediation Router installer separately.

Best,
Ade.

On 4 Feb 2009, at 16:15, Glenn Macgregor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is not the correct place for this post but the
> fusesource forum page is broken so I cannot create an account.
>
> I have installed fuse-message-broker and it seems to incorporate
> camel already although it is a different version than the latest
> fuse-mediation-router. If this is true why do I need to install fuse-
> mediation-router, what else does it provide? Is there a way to
> integrate mediation-router into message-broker so I am using the
> latest mediation-router?
>
> Just trying to get a handle on what the components are and how to
> use them.
>
> Thanks
>
> Glenn

---