Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/05/16 21:50:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Ratis (incubating) 0.2.0 (rc1)​

Hi all,

I'd like to restart the vote to release Apache Ratis (incubating) 0.2.0
as we fixed all the previously discussed issues.

This is the second incubator release and it includes more than 120
improvements and fixes since the previous 0.1.0-alpha release. This is
the first release
which includes a binary package with ready to use example project.

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ratis/0.2.0/rc1

Staged artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheratis-1004

This release has been signed with PGP key 0EE79B28, corresponding to
elek@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file
(https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ratis/KEYS).

This key can be found on keyservers, such as:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x0EE79B28

Or in the apache phonebook:

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/elek.asc

The release candidate has been tagged in git with ratis-0.2.0-rc1
(bd234f25c29e918ad3db88bfedcc2d6931221a3e)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-ratis/releases/tag/ratis-0.2.0-rc1

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

If the vote passed, the second stage vote will be called on the Apache
incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

  # Review/testing

You can check the usual requirements of an apache release:

  • Signatures
  • Checksums
  • License and notice files
  • Disclaimer file (incubator!)
  • Build the project from the source code package (mvn clean install
assembly:single -DskipTests=true )
  • Licence headers

The binary papckage can be smoketested with:

./examples/bin/start-all.sh
./examples/bin/client.sh assign --name a --value 2
./examples/bin/client.sh get --name a

Starting with my vote: +1

Thanks,
Marton

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ratis (incubating) 0.2.0 (rc1)​

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for creating a new release Marton.

+1
Tested Ozone with latest ratis and ran data I/O operation using Freon.

Thanks,
Mukul

On 22/05/18, 7:22 AM, "Jitendra Pandey" <ji...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Moving my vote to the right thread.

    +1
    Downloaded the source, verified signatures and ran some unit tests.

    On 5/21/18, 3:09 PM, "Venkat" <ve...@apache.org> wrote:

        +1

        Checked sigatures/hashes.    The archive name does not have  apache
        prefix -  already raised in this vote thread.

        Built and ran tests - there were some timeouts running ratis servers
        tests in a couple of runs (could be environmental issues) ,  but all
        tests passed in a subsequent execution.   .

        Venkat

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Venkat <ve...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marton.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Re: RC1: Call for vote

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
We should probably put the votes on the [VOTE] thread...

Re: RC1: Call for vote

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: RC1: Call for vote