Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by Gayashan Amarasinghe <ga...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2015/09/29 05:40:17 UTC

Help required in acquiring data for climate modelling in Sri Lanka

Hello devs,

I am a lecturer from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. We are conducting a research on the
"Effect of climate change on wind power generation potential in North
Western coastal area of Sri Lanka". We have decided to use Easy-OCW for the
modelling purposes.

I have been able to setup Easy-OCW and run the samples. However i am unable
to go beyond acquiring data for Africa (
AFRICA_KNMI-RACMO2.2b_CTL_ERAINT_MM_50km_1989-2008_tasmax.nc,
AFRICA_UC-WRF311_CTL_ERAINT_MM_50km-rg_1989-2008_tasmax.nc), which are
available in the example it self (simple_model_to_model_bias.py). Is it
possible to acquire the same data for Asia (South Asia to be specific) as
well?
​If so where can i acquire this data?​

I was able to setup the UI as well, however i am unable to feed data into
the UI so that i can get something working out of it.
​ Is there any user guide in to using the UI to process data?

Looking forward for working together with you guys. Keep up the good work!

Thank you.
​

--
Best regards,