Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/09/01 00:03:40 UTC

Re: Using XInclude to include other pages as chunks into an aggregated page

Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to achieve this:
>
> On the homepage of my site (publication) I want to be able to aggregate
> content from several separate pages in Lenya. I want to keep them separate
> for purposes of distributed editing and other resons.
>
> This is what I have done:
>
> I have been introducing a XInclude-Transformer so I can have an aggregatinng
> page with several xi:include statements that should include other pages from
> Lenya.
>
> This is the problems / questions I have:
>
> - Should this be done that way? Did I overlook a better way to to that.

xinclude and map:aggregate can be used to do the same thing. i prefer to
use map:aggregate for clarity but would not mind to use it for one-offs.

> - I have used xi:include href="cocoon:/lenya-document-view/..." to make sure
> I will include an xhtml document even if the document I try to include is
> not straight xhtml. For example, I have a gallery doctype in my publication
> which will render a list of image names (custom XML) as a gallery in xhtml
> through the existing custom doctype mechanism.
>
> This all works fine except that I so far hard-coded all the parameters in
> the href= piece. I have no idea where to look for if I want to use
> variables. For example, when Live I need to use .../live/... and not
> .../authoring/... .

this would probably be easier in the sitemap because you have access to
input modules. for xsl, you would have to pass them in.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya