Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Hunter <jh...@acm.org> on 2001/10/12 22:04:08 UTC

Tomcat market share

Hi everyone,

One week ago I started a poll on Servlets.com asking which servlet
container people preferred.  See
http://www.servlets.com/polls/question.tea?name=containers.  The results
after one week show Tomcat with an overwhelming 51% of responses
(http://www.servlets.com/polls/results.tea?name=containers).  Go Tomcat!

I'm doing a new poll this week to see which Tomcat version people are
putting to use on their production sites.  I'm wondering: are people
using the tried-and-true 3.2, are they moving to the 3.3 release
candidate, or have they jumped to 4.0?  Let's find out.  If you want to
vote or see results, go to:

http://www.servlets.com/polls/question.tea?name=tomcat

-jh-

P.S.  I didn't post here about the earlier poll because I didn't want to
bias the voting.

RE: Tomcat market share

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv>.
I am guessing that most on the people on this list that would take the time
to vote, would vote for tomcat (I can't imagine someone on this list that
does not use it). So, maybee the result from the poll does not really talk
about market share, but on how enthusiastic people in this list are about
tomcat.

Don't get me wrong, I love tomcat, I just think that the poll may not be an
indication of market share.

Now, on the version of tomcat in use.. That is a pretty cool stat.

Just my two cents.

Ylan Segal.