Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 18:27:20 UTC

Re: [ApacheDS] Custom schema problem adding objectclass

Hi,

On 6/5/07, Jo Jeeka <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am close to getting my custom schema in...
>

> I am getting this error:
> OID for name 'groupofurls' was not found within the
> OID registry

Yje 'groupOfUrls' ObjectClass is not one of the default objectClasses in
ADS. You will have to declare it by yourself

I thought if I added an objectclass definition in the
> schema that I could use it (with nothing else).  Even
> though on this page:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html
> it shows a CreateAttributeType class I thought that
> this was generated after mvn package command.  I have
> code generated similar to what is in the
> CrateAttributeType class on the link above in this
> file generated file MyObjectClassProducer.java
>

> Bottom line, do I need to do more than declare a
> custom objectclass in the schema for it to be usable?

As soon as your schema contains all the needed ObjectClasses and
attributeTypes you need, and if their syntax is correct, then you should be
OK.

I'm confused on that.  If not, any idea why I can't
> use it?  I have done a mvn clean and refreshed my
> project and then ran the unit test.

Can you copy/paste your actual schema ?
Emmanuel
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] Custom schema problem adding objectclass

Posted by Jo Jeeka <jo...@yahoo.com>.

I'm pretty sure no code in MyObjectClassProducer.java
is being called (hence no custom objectclasses are
getting in)

I do see a section about editing the server.xml
(http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html)
but I am not sure where I would do this.  We have a
tomcat server.xml but it has no bootstrapSchemas tag
in it already.  Also, I forget what stand alone means
for ApacheDS right this second and I am not sure if
for unit testing I need to edit any server.xml files.

Also, on that same link I just gave, should the line
in the server.xml be <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.MySchema"/>
or com.acme.MySchema ?