Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2019/03/13 04:10:47 UTC

Outreachy Projects for 2019

Based on the ongoing discussion around the need for long term stability of
Fineract, addressing the growing backlog and improving user and technical
documentation, I've created a number of projects that we're promoting for
Outreachy which can be viewed at:

The non-documentation projects can also be promoted for GSOC. Please let me
know if you'd like to be a mentor for any of these projects and expand upon
the descriptions with more relevant details. Please also get the word out
to under-represented groups in tech to apply to participate in Outreachy.

https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/

   - (Extended deadline to April 2, 2019) Improve Robustness of Mifos X and
   Apache Fineract by Fixing Issues/Feature Requests in Backlog
   <https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/#improve-robustness-of-mifos-x-and-apache-fineract->
   - (Extended deadline to April 2, 2019) Set up Discourse Forum and
   Migrate Content and Users from Mailing Lists
   <https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/#set-up-discourse-forum-and-migrate-content-and-use>
   - (Extended deadline to April 2, 2019) Strengthen/Harden Fineract 1.x to
   LTS Version by Upgrading Spring & Improving Code Coverage of Tests
   <https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/#strengthenharden-fineract-1x-to-lts-version-by-upg>
   - (Extended deadline to April 2, 2019) Update Mifos X User Manual &
   Convert to Gitbooks Format
   <https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/#update-mifos-x-user-manual-convert-to-gitbooks-for>
   - (Extended deadline to April 2, 2019) Update Remaining APIs to
   Swagger/OpenAPI format
   <https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/mifos/#update-remaining-apis-to-swaggeropenapi-format>

Thanks,

Ed