Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Robert Nettleton <rn...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/01/12 21:38:19 UTC

Python Unit Test Failures

Hi All,

I’m noticing quite a few failures in the ambari-server Python unit test suite.

I’ve included an example of the failures I’m seeing below. I’m seeing these with a clean trunk src tree, without any changes applied.

Are other people seeing this?

If so, is someone working to resolve it?

Thanks,
Bob

Here’s the error I’m seeing repeatedly:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/2.2/KNOX/test_knox_gateway.py", line 34, in test_configure_default
    target = RMFTestCase.TARGET_COMMON_SERVICES
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/utils/RMFTestCase.py", line 110, in executeScript
    script_module = imp.load_source(classname, script_path)
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/utils/../../../../main/resources/common-services/KNOX/0.5.0.2.2/package/scripts/knox_gateway.py", line 28, in <module>
    from setup_ranger_knox import setup_ranger_knox
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/utils/../../../../main/resources/common-services/KNOX/0.5.0.2.2/package/scripts/setup_ranger_knox.py", line 26, in <module>
    from resource_management.libraries.functions.ranger_admin import Rangeradmin
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-common/src/main/python/resource_management/libraries/functions/ranger_admin.py", line 21, in <module>
    import pycurl
ImportError: No module named pycurl

Also seeing:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-common/src/test/python/mock/mock.py", line 1199, in patched
    return func(*args, **keywargs)
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/2.0.6/HIVE/test_hive_server.py", line 480, in test_socket_timeout
    self.assert_configure_default()
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/2.0.6/HIVE/test_hive_server.py", line 182, in assert_configure_default
    action = ['create_delayed'],
  File "/Users/rnettleton/dev/workspaces/ambari/ambari-server/src/test/python/stacks/utils/RMFTestCase.py", line 210, in assertResourceCalled
    self.assertNotEqual(len(RMFTestCase.env.resource_list), 0, "There was no more resources executed!")
AssertionError: There was no more resources executed!

Total run:579
Total errors:37
Total failures:1
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Python Unit Test Failures

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
For now, install pycurl in the same version of python that you use to run
local unit tests. E.g.,
python2.6 /usr/local/bin/pip install pycurl

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.