Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geert Poels <Ge...@thales-is.com> on 2002/08/27 13:35:14 UTC

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

hi,

I've installed Cocoon2 (JDK1.4 version) inside Tomcat 4.0.4 (JDK 1.4 version).
Dropping the .war in the webapps folder and everything works fine.

Next, I came across a tutorial on IBM's website suggesting to create a cocoon-dev folder and to copy WEB-INF folder + cocoon.xconf (which is located elsewhere in the latest version of Cocoon).

When I start Tomcat after that, I get a
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
Server 1.6 is running
Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:321)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:308)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:266)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:182)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:94)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:19
7)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4

What's causing this. I've used netstat/a to watch my ports.
It's as if this new folder cause an extra instance of Tomcat to be started.

Thanks for any help,

Geert

Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 27.Aug.2002 -- 01:35 PM, Geert Poels wrote:
> Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

>         at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)

Apache Cocoon starts an instance of hsqldb (hsqldb.sf.net) for
samples. With two Cocoon contexts, you'll start two hsqldbs. Thus one
sees the port already in use.

Remove hsqldb from cocoon.xconf in one context.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de